July 19, 2017
Quinoa Mushroom Veggie Burgers
If you are looking for a healthy meatless dinner idea to make a head than look no further than this quinoa mushroom burgers. They are delicious, hearty and make great leftovers for the week ahead. Feel free to have leave some room to get creative with the condiments, I opted to make a vegan basil mayo and caramelized onions for my toppings of choice!
Quinoa Mushroom Burgers (makes 8 medium sized burgers)
2.5 cups of cooked quinoa
2 large portobello mushrooms, chopped
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup fresh parsley
3-4 tbsp. quinoa flour or flour of your choice
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
salt and pepper
1. Cook quinoa and set aside to cool a bit, it should be about 1 cup of dry quinoa to make 3 cups of cooked.
2. On medium heat, warm up 1 tbsp. of coconut oil and saute garlic and mushrooms until cooked and water has evaporated from mushrooms. Set aside.
3. In a blender, blend sun dried tomatoes and parsley together to form a paste.
4. In a small bowl, slightly whisk the two eggs.
5. In a big bowl, combine quinoa, mushrooms, parsley – sun dried tomato paste, flour, eggs, salt and pepper and mix well.
6. In a large pan, warm up 1 tsp. of coconut oil over medium high heat, cook quinoa patties on each side for about 4 minutes until golden brown and holding well together. Don’t over crowd your pan, add more oil as you go!
7. Serve with condiments of choice!