January 24, 2018
How I Treat My Body
I have always been an advocate in healthy living and I can’t stress enough that it needs to be a lifestyle choice, not just something you turn on and off. This isn’t just about working out, but also focusing on what you put into you body, every single day. There are no short cuts or hidden secrets here, it takes dedication, thought and sacrifices but the benefits will pay off. Living this way is the most beneficial thing you can do for yourself, you will have more energy, your skin will glow, your body will thank you and your long term health will as well. Lately, I’ve had one re-occurring question from you guys – what do I eat in a day? So I figured it was time to break this down for you.
1. For starters, I mostly eat a plant based diet. I've never been a big meat eater and I basically gave it up years ago and haven't looked back since. I do eat seafood but if I'm cooking for myself at home, my protein choice would be salmon, tempeh, nuts, beans or quinoa.
3. I have a smoothie for breakfast which includes, 1 frozen banana, frozen blueberries, acai powder, maca powder, vegan protein powder, lemon zest, flax seed, cinnamon and coconut water.
4. I do have one coffee a day, I know it's not the best for me but I really love that morning coffee and I don't think anyone or thing will take that away from me.
4. For lunch I always have a salad. I'm the queen of salads so I like to make them hearty and delicious, trust me these are filling and never boring to me.
6. For dinner, I love a good bowl, filled with roasted veggies, marinated tempeh over quinoa with different sauces I'll make at the start of the week. I like a cashew sauce, peanut sauce or a vegan basil sauce!
7. Post dinner, I always have a ginger tea to settle all the vegetables and help digest.
8. I tend to not eat after dinner but if I need something sweet, I grab a piece of fruit. I use to always eat a piece of dark chocolate but I recently gave up sugar for a couple months and I find I don't crave it as much anymore!
With all that being said, don't get me wrong - I have my vices and I do think you can treat yourself from time to time! I also know there are always other vitamins and practices I could incorporate into my diet, however I feel like I'm doing the best I can right now, especially with all the travel. Once you find the healthy balance that works for you, you will feel better than you ever have.