January 3, 2018
7 Things I Learned This Past Year
I know everyone is all about looking ahead right now but I think it’s so important to take note of what you’ve learned this past year in order to move forward properly. 2017 had a lot of ups and downs for me and in many ways I think it was the prep year for what’s to come. Here are 7 things I learned this past year about myself, life and business.
1. I've learned the importance of investing in yourself. I saved a lot of money to be able to develop this new website and in the early stages I was a little hesitant if I did the right thing. Would it be worth it? Does anyone even care? Should I have spent the money on something else? In the end, it all paid off. I'm so proud of what we have created - you lovely people constantly write me about how much you love it and most importantly I get excited to work on it every day.
2. I've learned how to work through grief. This past summer I lost my Nonna, one of the most important people in my life. I've had loss before but never with someone this close and it's been a learning process trying to figure out how my family and I move on without her in our lives. You cannot escape grief, you must face it and feel it.
3. I've learned that you don't gain without some loss and that all things come in two including pain and joy.
4. I've learned how to live alone for the first time in a long time. Not relying on anyone else and getting through those lonely nights has only made me stronger.
5. I've learned that communication is everything. Even if it's uncomfortable and uneasy, it will do you no good to hold everything in.
6. I've learned to love the messy bits of me and not to be so hard on myself.
7. I've learned how to edit my life frequently including understanding what's dragging me down, blocking my way or occupying my brain. Being aware of this I have the option of either fixing the issue, or letting it go.