February 5, 2015
Sweet Potato Paleo Muffins
My girlfriends and I are always sharing recipes with each other, especially when we create something with no butter, sugar, or flour that still tastes amazing. These paleo sweet potato muffins are exactly that – and yes, they really are that orange.
I made a few revisions to the original recipe and was delighted by the delicious flavour that held up despite my tweaks. They’re the perfect on-the-go breakfast but also hit the sweet spot for afternoon coffee, a combo that’s quickly become a daily essential for me. Most satisfying will be revealing to your friends just how healthy they are.
Sweet Potato Paleo Muffins (makes 9 – revised from Carrots n Cake)
3/4 cup mashed sweet potato
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup grated apple
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped dried figs
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup almond flour
1/8 cup maple syrup (or honey)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp. baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
2. Mix everything together in one large bowl.
3. Grease muffin tin with coconut oil or use paper liners. Divide batter into 9 muffin tins.
4. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, until muffin is cooked through and the top is golden. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
5. Remove muffins and let cool on a baking rack. Store in an airtight container, I would probably keep these in the fridge since there is no fat to preserve them.